This question is probably one of the most interesting among all parents who want their daughters go for rhythmic gymnastic classes. And it is not surprising because there are a lot of positive as well as negative points of view about this kind of sport. So, what can rhythmic gymnastic classes do for a girl? What kind of benefit or harm does this sport bring?
Rhythmic gymnastics is an extremely beautiful and sophisticated kind of sport. It is often confused with artistic gymnastics. What is the difference between them? Rhythmic gymnastics is, first of all, performance accompanied with music. It is a combination of choreography, acrobatics, and the ability to master a variety of objects such as a hula hoop, a ball, a jump rope, a clubbell and a ribbon. If we talk about artistic gymnastics, one should keep in mind that this is a completely different direction. The basis of this kind of sport includes exercises on the bars, jumping over the vaulting horse, acrobatic and more physical exercises.
Practicing rhythmic gymnastics one should start in the earliest period of development, approximately 5-6 years. But this is only in case if the child wants to take part in different competitions and devote almost all of her life to this kind of sport. The real rhythmic gymnastics begins when the girl starts to feel her body completely.
Now having a clear understanding of what rhythmic gymnastics is, one can figure out which pitfalls conceals this kind of sport.
Negative side effects
Rhythmic gymnastics is a rather traumatic kind of sport therefore it is worth knowing at which diseases the gymnastic classes are contraindicated:
- Heart problem.
- The most serious stages of scoliosis.
- Diseases of the cervical spine.
If your child often suffers from acute respiratory infections, gymnastic classes will only work in favor because this kind of sport strengthens immune function and makes the body resistant to diseases. In any case, before you give the child to rhythmic gymnastic classes it is recommended consulting a doctor.
Without doubt, gymnastic classes offer a lot of benefits for children in all directions:
- Physical development. Continuous exercises strengthen the muscles and develop a stretch in a child. The body becomes much more flexible and movements are easier. Accuracy and coordination of movements are improved which is equally important. In the process of mastering this kind of sport the body becomes stronger, immune system increases, as a result, the child is less likely to suffer from any disease.
- Educational process. This is a remarkable advantage of rhythmic gymnastics. First of all, the child grows up faster and becomes more responsible and organized. Regular gymnastic team trips and performances teach you to focus on a team result, as well as expand the circle of communication of the child. Rhythmic gymnastics teaches healthy competition and how to reach the goal.
- Creative abilities. Gymnastic classes are constantly accompanied by music, and this improves sense of pitch and rhythm. We should not also forget about the acting ability, because rhythmic gymnastics is a permanent acting game through which a girl learns how to show herself.
There is no doubt that the medal has the other side and it can not be without negative features. In addition to advantages rhythmic gymnastics has also its disadvantages.
- Constant physical activity. Rhythmic gymnastic training is held 5 times a week, and classes last for 4-5 hours in a row. And with the age of a gymnast physical activity increases. Sometimes it can lead to nervous breakdowns and various diseases associated with the nervous system.
- Strict requirements. As you know, a gymnast should not have weight problems, so food restrictions are an integral part of everyday life. Also, an important role plays the appearance of a gymnast.
- High cost. Giving the child for classes in rhythmic gymnastics, parents should be ready to invest money in this permanently. For example, you need to buy training items yourself - a leotard for rhythmic gymnastics, sticks, a ball, and this list can be constantly updated.
Is it worth it?
If a girl shows interest in rhythmic gymnastics, she is ready to work constantly and dreams of conquering all new and new peaks, then why not? But before that one should think about all the pros and cons, and then draw conclusions.